Winmail File Viewer is a small and simple iPhone application that allows you to view and extract contents of those infamous winmail.dat messages (which are TNEF-encoded messages).
That means if you receive winmail.dat on your e-mail, with Winmail File Viewer you can view the rich text message contents and attachments embedded into this file.
You may receive winmail.dat files from the senders who are using Microsoft Outlook (97, 2000). Winmail.dat contains all attachments and rich text message, and not all e-mail clients can recognize its format. Winmail File Viewer is the solution.*
Here are the Help Instructions:
1) The User should open up the email and touch on the icon of the winmail file. Please make sure to touch exactly on the icon.
2) Keep touching the icon till the whole box darkens, please DO NOT MAKE A SHORT TAP, otherwise you will get a blank screen.
3) Once you keep touching the icon (on left side) itself, after a couple of seconds, a 2-choice menu pops up from the bottom.
4) Click on - Open in "Winmail File Viewer" app. The winmail file will then open, showing the attachments inside.
5) If the app is still not working for you then please contact us on: email@example.com . We will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can buy this application from http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/winmail-file-viewer/id379500151?mt=8#
All suggestions and comments are welcome, and if you are having any technical issues with the application, then contact us directly with some screenshots to our email address provided in the contact section. If your complain is valid, we will refund you the entire purchase amount.
*The application has been developed according to Apple's official documentation. If at all you see a blank screen after opening the app, it is just because of a bug in the iOS 4's functionality.
Currently we are waiting for the next update of iOS 4.0 and once Apple will fix this bug, then this problem (if at all you are facing one) will get rectified automatically, and it will work correctly even for users who have already installed it. Please keep in mind that it is a System Anomaly in Apple's Operating System (iOS 4), not in the app.
This is just a temporary support page for our application since our company website is under construction.
We will be coming up with better and more practical applications for your day to day requirements in the near future so do come back for regular updates.
Apps at AppStoreHQ